Thursday, March 28, 2013

Creating Content

The creation of content through research and sharing of ideas, intrinsic to each person, is akin to the creative expression of art. The canvas is blank and the artist paints, as he/she sees fit. 

In a recent course I completed, part of my assignment was developing and conducting a 20 minute webinar, the topic: Digital Literacy and Finding Employment. Being a self proclaimed technologically savvy person there were still key challenges I encountered during this process. 

First, keep in mind the key differences between in-person delivery of content and online sharing. Concepts pertaining to audience engagement vary from traditional facilitation styles, and this must be taken into account. 

Second, my inclination is that ones ability to design the template and incorporate graphics and images in a visually appealing manner is paramount to success (defined as engaged learners). Think: "would I lose some my target audience by showing poorly prepared slides."

These were the three key influencers, or steps I took, when developing the webinar:

- The canvas is blank, how/what do I express?
- Where should my paradigm of content delivery shift, now that I am delivering online?
- Design, design, design - it should "wow" the viewer. 

In the end, I was satisfied with the outcome, and believe that I met my expectations, and more importantly, that of the viewers. That being said, rehearse, rehearse rehearse. I was surprised by how often transitions or wording got out of order and needed to be rearranged. 




No comments:

Post a Comment